Batteries contain heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and nickel. These metals can contaminate the environment if batteries are not disposed of properly.
It is very damaging for the environment to dispose of batteries through landfill or incineration, as it causes atmospheric pollution. Let PAL Hire take care of this waste disposal for you.
We can provide you with containers to store your waste in, which comply with EU standards.
Delivery & Removal
Our waste collection service is nationwide
A collection can usually be booked within 24 hours
The waste must be left somewhere that is easily accessible by our operatives
Call 0844 288 7265 for more information or to book a collection.
- Do not store batteries anywhere near an open flame.
- Do not store with other waste materials.
- The waste has to be listed and labelled before transportation.
- We will work with your business to ensure that we dispose of the batteries in the most environmentally friendly way.
- PAL Hire are fully licensed to facilitate the entire waste collection and disposal process.
- PAL Hire will provide suitable containers to store the waste batteries in prior to collection.
Things to consider
- Our experienced team will work with your business in order to deal with your requirements in disposing of your hazardous waste.
- All paperwork for hazardous waste must be completed in time for collection.
- Your site will need to be registered with the Environment Agency as a Hazardous Waste producer.
- Only companies authorised by the Environment Agency can transport the waste to its final destination.
- All operatives are trained to deal with hazardous waste and will comply with the highest standards as set out by the Carriage of Dangerous Goods ADR.