Star Product of the Month – Cold Containers
30 May 2018
Cold containers, usually used for storing and transporting perishable goods that need to be kept at very low, or even freezing temperatures, come in a wide variety of sizes from 8ft to 40ft. The temperature can be changed also, going from 30 degrees, all the way down to -60 degrees.
How do I choose?
Whether you’re hiring or buying your cold container, you can choose based on either temperature or size. If you need a variety of temperatures you can get cold containers with dual zones, allowing you to have two areas at different temperatures. Obviously, the price will vary depending on the size you need, but the temperature can be controlled within one-tenth of a degree, meaning more accuracy and control.
It is important to consider how long you will be needing your cold container and how often. Understanding this will allow you to work out whether hiring one or buying one will be more cost beneficial. To purchase a new cold container can be quite a financial setback, with them ranging from £10,000 to £30,000. On the other hand, it is not necessary to purchase new unless you know it is something you’ll be using all the time. A used cold container can be anywhere between £3500 and £7000. From this, we can see that it is more beneficial to hire one if you’re only going to be using it on the odd occasion.
If you do choose to buy one, it wouldn’t really matter if you could only afford to buy a used one. The used cold containers are usually of very good quality and have often been refurbished. The only drawback is that the newer models are usually more cost efficient as they use less power and have a lower maintenance cost. But each container will probably last around nine to ten years, so take this into account when purchasing used.
What Features Can You Expect?
The modern technology used in the creation of these cold containers allows them to provide highly efficient and effective temperature control environments with reduced emissions and low power consumption. Some models even come with an integrated data logger, meaning you can track temperature over time and download the data.
There are also many built-in safety and hygiene features. These include a completely stainless-steel interior for easy cleaning, lighting inside for safety and convenience, fully lockable butcher doors and an alarm that sounds when a person is trapped inside. You can be sure your employees are safe when using one of these.
Ten Reasons to Hire a Cold Container
- Instant – The ability to deliver them anywhere, plug it in and you’ll have a cold room within an hour. Specialist delivery services mean you won’t have to pay to transport yourself each time you move to a new site.
- Reliable – The cold containers are built to withstand even the toughest environments and designed to run for long hours holding a constant temperature throughout. Hiring will prolong the high standard guarantee.
- Risk-Free – Hiring a cold container means there’s no long-term commitment needed.
- Cost Effective – They are long-lasting so hiring for a short or long period of time is no issue. You can save yourself even more money by hiring.
- Technical Support – You’’ have 24/7 technical support with your hired cold container.
- Movable – They are super easy to move, increasing the flexibility of where you place your cold container.
- Modular – If you need more than one, they can fit on top or beside each other, building them up like Lego.
- Versatile – Order from a range of temperatures to suit your requirements.
- Secure – Cold containers are built to withstand rugged conditions, with a variety of safety features, keeping employees at the peak of safety.
- Efficient – Their low power consumption makes them incredibly efficient.
If the cold container sounds like exactly what you need, contact PAL Hire on 0844 288 7265 for a quote today.